Your Bucket List: Create A List of Things To Do Before You Die
Then, my ebook, "How To Live Your Best Life - The Essential Guide for Creating and Achieving Your Life List", will show you how to create your bucket list as a blueprint for your ideal life, and turn it into reality. After all, what's the point of creating a bucket list if you're not going to take action in order to achieve it?
Lastly, you can download "Idea Book - 10,000 Ideas For Your Bucket List".
To paraphrase Mary Oliver, decide what it is that you want to do with your one wild and precious life. Would you like to climb up the Eiffel Tower? Have your paintings hanging in a gallery in New York City? Go to carnival at Rio de Janeiro? Decide!
Maybe You Want To . . .
1. Invent a board game.
2. Do stand-up comedy.
3. Attend Loy Krathong in Thailand.
4. Go camping.
5. Ride a gondola in Venice.
6. Learn to salsa dance.
7. Host Saturday Night Live.
8. Visit a Renaissance fair.
10. Witness an eclipse.
There are many more ideas in this lens!
“Find the joy in your life.”
When you die you're asked two questions, and your answers determine whether or not you'll get into heaven:
1. Have you found joy in life?
2. Has your life brought joy to others?
Your Sports/Fitness Bucket List
Are there any sports you want to try? Any athletic milestones you want to reach?
Walking/Running/Jogging Bucket List
Sports to Try Before You Die
12. Run a 10k.
13. Run a half-marathon.
14. Complete a marathon.
15. Run the Boston Marathon.
16. Run the Honolulu Marathon.
17. Run the London marathon.
18. Become a triathlete (participate in endurance events consisting of swimming, cycling, and running).
19. Complete the Ironman Triathlon.
20. Walk across the Simpson desert in Australia.
21. Hike the Appalachian Trail.
(Marathon de New York : Verrazano Bridge courtesy of Martineric.)
22. Complete the Norseman Extreme Triathlon
The World's Toughest Triathlon
The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer
Five stars on Amazon.com, with over 200 reviews.
The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer is based on the highly successful marathon class offered by the University of Northern Iowa. This book follows the same 16-week, four-day-a-week workout plan. What makes the success rate of this program so much higher than any other? The special emphasis on the psychological aspects of endurance activities.
One participant in the program explained it like this: "The skills we've learned in this class don't apply just to marathoning -- they apply to life! Just like you never know what the next step in a marathon will bring, so too, you never know what will happen next in life. But if you don't keep going, you're never going to find out. By staying relaxed, centered, and positive you handle just about anything that comes your way."
23. Learn to ride a bike efficiently and safely.
24. Take a bike tour through wine country.
25. Ride a unicycle.
26. Go mountain biking.
27. Enter a bike race.
28. Participate in the Tour de France.
29. Learn to rollerblade.
30. Learn to ride a skateboard.
Boating Bucket List
31. Go canoeing.
32. Go sailing.
33. Participate in a regatta (boat race).
34. Go windsurfing.
35. Drive a speedboat.
36. Ride a jet ski.
37. Go water skiing.
(Matt on Shrek courtesy of andy_c)
“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated." Arnold Palmer”
Golf Bucket List
Sports to Try Before You Die
“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle." Winston Churchill”
44. Perfect your serve.
45. Learn to play squash.
46. Learn to play racquet ball.
47. Learn to play badminton.
Team Sports Bucket List
Choose one of the team sports below and resolve to excel at it, maybe even play professionally. Or, just get a group of friends together and play for fun.
52. Ice Hockey.
Fishing Bucket List
54. Take up fishing.
55. Go deep sea fishing.
56. Go ice fishing.
57. Go on a week-long fishing trip.
Hunting Bucket List
58. Go deer hunting.
59. Go duck hunting.
60. Go alligator hunting.
61. Hunt grouse in Scotland.
62. Go bear hunting.
Bowling Bucket List
63. Learn to bowl.
64. Bowl a strike.
65. Join a bowling league.
66. Play in a bowling tournament.
(Aggie Women's Tennis - 38 is courtesy of StuSeeger).
(Beach Volleyball courtesy of timypenburg.)
(Bowling is courtesy of ginnerobot)
Horseback Riding Bucket List
68. Go horseback riding along the beach.
69. Go horseback riding in Central Park, New York.
70. Ride a horse without a saddle.
Snow and Winter Sports Bucket List
71. Learn to ski.
72. Learn to ski jump.
73. Ski the Alps.
74. Ski in Vail, Colorado.
75. Go snowboarding.
76. Go sledding.
77. Learn how to ice skate.
Swimming Bucket List
78. Learn to swim.
79. Swim in the ocean.
80. Learn to high dive.
81. Participate in a swimming race.
82. Get certified as a lifeguard.
83. Swim across the English Channel.
Martial Arts Bucket List
85. Become a black belt in karate.
86. Kung Fu
88. Tae Kwon Do
(Skiing is courtesy of nonanet)
"You'll be on your way up!
You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers
who soar to high heights."
Your Languages Bucket List
What languages would like to learn?
Languages to Learn Before You Die
91. Learn conversational Spanish.
92. Be able to read German at an 8th grade level.
93. Learn four European languages.
94. Learn the Arabic alphabet.
95. Learn to say "hello" in 50 languages.
96. Learn 100 basic ASL (American Sign Language) signs.
97. Learn Mandarin.
98. Learn Latin.
99. Choose a country and learn not only the language that is spoken there, but also study its customs, its cuisine, its art, and its history.
(hand's language is courtesy of dare6).
Music, Song, and Dance Bucket List
Let the music out.
Your Music Bucket List
100. Learn to play the harmonica.
101. Learn to play piano by ear.
102. Learn to play the drums.
103. Learn to play your favorite song on the guitar.
104. Learn to play three brass instruments.
Singing Bucket List
105. Take singing lessons.
106. Learn to yodel.
107. Compose a song.
108. Sing karaoke.
109. Sing the national anthem in front of a large crowd.
110. Release an album.
Music to Listen to Bucket List
111. Go to the Havana International Jazz Festival.
112. Go to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee.
113. Go to a real blues bar in Chicago.
114. Go to a jazz club in New Orleans' French Quarter.
115. Hear Joshua Bell play the violin.
116. Hear Andrea Bocelli sing opera in Milan.
(Enjoying the moment by notsogoodphotography)
(Andrea Bocelli in Concert is courtesy of souran5)
"And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, The Day Is Done
117. Build a Classical Music Library
Classical music is definitely among the finer things humanity has to offer. Why not add "build a music library" to your bucket list?
National Public Radio's Ted Libbey takes listeners by the hand through the classical repertory to build a music library. It takes you work by work, performer by performer, recording by recording--of the symphonies, concertos, chamber pieces, keyboard works, sacred works, and operas that belong in every music lover's library.
"Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?"
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Dances to Try Before You Die
Your Dance Bucket List
Poll: Do You Have a Bucket List?
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller”
Adventures To Go On Before You Die
What adventures would you like to go on?
Water Adventures Bucket List
Adventures to Go On Before You Die
133. Go snorkeling in a shipwreck.
134. Jump from a cliff into deep water.
135. Learn to scuba dive.
136. Scuba dive in Bonaire, Netherlands Antille.
137. Scuba dive in the Barrier Reef (Australia).
138. Dive in an aquarium.
139. Scuba dive in the top 10 scuba diving destinations in the world.
(Scuba diving Bali Nusa Lembongan courtesy of Ilse Reijs and Jan-Noud Hutten.)
140. Visit the Wreckage of the Titanic Aboard a Submarine
Sky Adventures Bucket List
Adventures to Go On Before You Die
144. Go paragliding.
145. Go tandem sky diving.
146. Get a sky diving license.
147. Go on a helicopter ride.
148. Go on a canopy tour (traverse between trees on a zip line).
149. Go Bungee Jumping
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW - What a Ride!"
Land Adventures Bucket List
Adventures to Go On Before You Die
151. Go Fire walking.
152. Ride a Mechanical Bull
153. Race a Sports Car
154. Go On a Cross-country Motorcycle Trip
155. Go Rock Climbing
156. Try Indoor Climbing.
157. Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
158. Climb Vinson Massif
159. Climb Carstensz Pyramid Mountain
160. Climb Mount Everest
161. Climb Elbrus, Russia
162. Climb Mount McKinley
163. Climb Aconcagua
164. Complete the Seven Summit
165. Ride on the Orient Express
166. Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway
167. Drive down Route 66
(Indoor Climbing is courtesy of alainlm).
Book of Possibilities: Powerful Exercises for Uncovering Your Heart's Desire
168. Go Zorbing!
169. Ride the World's Largest Ferris Wheels
List of the world's largest Ferris Wheels.
Included are: "The London Eye", "The Star of Nanchang", "The Singapore Flyer", and others.
170. Ride the Ten Largest Roller Coasters in the World
Adventures With Animals
175. Go whale-watching
176. See a platypus
177. See a koala bear
178. Visit the San Diego Zoo
179. Go on safari in the Serengeti, Tanzania, or Masai Mara, Kenya.
180. Save a species from extinction.
181. Become a vegetarian
182. Adopt a pet from the animal shelter.
(Shuttle Endeavour Blastoff photo courtesy of jurvetson).
(Southern Humpback Whales at Platypus Bay is courtesy of Richard Fisher)
183. Swim With Manatees
Places to See Before You Die Bucket List
Where do you want to go? What places do you want to see?
Natural Wonders to See Before You Die
185. Victoria Falls (between Zambia and Zimbabwe)
186. The Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
187. The Northern Lights (the Aurora Borealis), polar regions
188. The Amazon Rainforest, South America
189. Death Valley, California
190. The Everglades, Florida
191. Big Basin Redwoods State Park, California
(The "There just aren't words..." photograph is courtesy of CharNewcomb).
Famous Monuments to See Before You Die
194. The Alhambra in Spain
195. The Statues of Easter Island, Chile
196. The Nazca Lines, Peru
197. The Kremlin in Russia
198. The Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
199. Stonehenge, United Kingdom
200. The Sydney Opera House, Australia
201. The Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, London, England
Churches, Cathedrals, and Temples Bucket List
202. St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican, Rome
203. Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
204. Hagia Sophia, Turkey
205. Kiyomizu Temple in Japan
206. Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris
207. St. Basil's Cathedral, Moscow, Russia
(Sydney Opera House Close Up" is courtesy of linh_rom)
(Cologne Cathedral is courtesy of rykerstribe)
Visit the Seven New Wonders of the World
The Seven New Wonders were revealed on July 7, 2007.
209. The Colisseum in Rome
210. Petra, Jordan
211. Christ Redeemer, Brazil
212. The Great Wall of China
213. Chichen Itza, Mexico
214. The Taj Mahal, India
More Places to Visit and Things to See Before You Die
216. Salzburg, Austria
217. Bora Bora
218. Karnak Temple; Egypt
219. The Terracotta Warriors
220. Hong Kong Harbor
Go Island Hoping in the Caribbean
227. St. Croix
228. St. Luci
229. St. Maarten
230. St. Thomas
231. Trinidad and Tobago
(Chinese Dragon photo is courtesy of Arthur Chapman).
(Beam Me There Scotty, is courtesy of FotoDawg).
232. Watch a sumo wrestling match in Japan.
233. Attend a Japanese tea ceremony.
234. Visit the Imperial Palace, Tokyo.
235. Head down to Tokyo's electronics district Akihabara and wander in and out of the shops.
No One Knows the World Like National Geographic
A great resource for the burgeoning ranks of active travelers who crave adventurous and far-flung trips, "Journeys of a Lifetime" provides scores of creative ideas: trekking the heights of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania... mountain biking in Transylvania... driving through the scenic highlands of Scotland... or rolling through the outback on Australia's famous Ghan train... and dozens of other intriguing options all over the world.
On the menu is the best of the best from all over the globe: Tokyo's freshest sushi; the spiciest Creole favorites in New Orleans; the finest vintages of the great French wineries; the juiciest cuts of beef in Argentina; and much, much more.
This book contains pilgrimage routes, temples, mountains, churches, and holy places, including Mont St.-Michel Abbey in France, the White Horse Temple in China, Machu Picchu in Peru, the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem, and many others.
“The One-Hour-A-Day Formula”
The One-Hour-A-Day Formula
How to Achieve Your Dreams In Just One Hour a Day
Places to Visit in the US Before You Die
239. Climb up the Statue of Liberty
240. See the Empire State Building.
241. Go to Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
242. Go to Universal Studios, Hollywood
243. Visit Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii
244. Visit the Coney Island Boardwalk
245. Ride a steamboat down the Mississippi River
246. Visit the Hershey Chocolate Factory in Pennsylvania.
247. See the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
248. Climb the Seattle Space Needle.
249. See the Newport Mansions, Rhode Island.
250. Visit Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
251. Visit the Lincoln Memorial
252. Visit the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
253. Visit the George Washington Memorial
254. Visit the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.
255. Visit the White House.
256. See Mount Rushmore.
(Statue of Liberty is courtesy of video4net.)
(Jefferson Memorial is courtesy of cliff1066).
257. Visit Hearst Castle
Photo from Wikipedia (see below)
Books on Places to See in the USA
259. Go to the Pike Place Market in Seattle
World Festivals to Go to Before You Die
260. Oktoberfest - The World's Largest Fair
Visitors eat large amounts of the food that is traditional to Bavaria. This includes the following:
- Schweinsbraten (roast pork)
- Steckerlfisch (grilled fish on a stick)
- Assorted Bavarian cheeses
- Würstl (sausages)
- Sauerkraut (finely shredded cabbage that has been fermeted by bacteria)
- Weisswurst (a white sausage)
261. Brazilian Carnival - The Biggest Party on Earth
Carnival in Rio
Each year, right before Lent, people from all over the world descend upon Rio de Janeiro for festivities lasting four days and four nights. Carnival is the Brazilian version of Mardi Gras.
In this beautiful book, Helmut Teissl's vibrant, full-color photographs capture the unique pageantry and euphoria of the world's largest party. The accompanying CD puts you right in the middle of the throbbing madness of Rio's samba. Twelve live recordings plus eight of the best sambas in the world let you hear firsthand Rio's outpouring of unadulterated joy. Together, the book and CD offer an astonishing visual and audio adventure.
More Festivals to Attend
264. The Day of the Dead: The Day of the Dead (El Día de los Muertos), is a Mexican holiday which focuses on remembering friends and family members who have died. The celebration occurs on November 1st, and 2nd. Traditions include placing sugar skulls, marigolds, and the favorite foods and beverages of the departed on private altars, as well as visiting graves bearing gifts.
265. The Galway International Oyster Festival: A food festival held annually in Galway, Ireland during September, the first month of the oyster season.
(The Venice Carnival photo is courtesy of bellaleesons.)
Take This Poll
What's the main reason why you haven't achieved your goals in the past?
Hobbies - Leisure Activities to Try Before You Die
“There is fun to be done!" Dr. Seuss”
Hobbies Bucket List
"Life must be lived as play." -- Plato
267. Learn to play chess.
268. Learn to play poker.
269. Learn to play bridge.
270. Learn to play Solitaire.
271. Learn to play Gin Rummy
272. Learn to play pool.
273. Grow orchids.
274. Learn to make pottery.
275. Learn to sculpt.
276. Take up astronomy.
277. Learn astrology.
278. Fly kites.
279. Learn how to perform magic tricks.
280. Make mobiles.
281. Keep bees.
282. Learn to play ping pong.
(The "d-pool" photograph is courtesy of chad paul).
283. Learn to Juggle
Juggling is a challenging but rewarding hobby. "Juggling For the Complete Klutz" includes a wonderful easy-to-follow book and three aerodynamically sound, bean-filled juggling bags.
284. Solve the Rubik's Cube!
285. Grow Bonsai Trees
286. Learn to Draw
Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: A Course in Enhancing Creativity and Artistic Confidence
When Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain was first published in 1979, it hit the New York Times bestseller list within two weeks and stayed there for more than a year. Dr. Edwards celebrated the twentieth anniversary of her classic book with a second revised edition.
Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is the world's most widely used drawing-instruction guide. People from just about every walk of life--artists, students, corporate executives, architects, real estate agents, designers, engineers--have applied its revolutionary approach to problem solving.
The Los Angeles Times said it best: Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is "not only a book about drawing, it is a book about living. This brilliant approach to the teaching of drawing . . . should not be dismissed as a mere text. It emancipates."
More Resources to Help You Learn to Draw
Have you always wanted to learn to draw? Here are some resources to get you started.
Take Up a Craft
290. Jewelry Making
(Pins and Cushions)
(Craft Bucket List Poster is courtesy of Something Wilde).
294. Sell your crafts on Etsy, Zazzle, or CafePress.
Become a Collector
Collectors Bucket List
306. Become a Wine Connoisseur
With more than 3,000 entries, this hefty tome has something for both the seasoned connoisseur and novice alike. Edited by one of today's premier wine columnists, the work covers all aspects of wine.
A full third of the book is dedicated to specific wines and wine-producing regions. All those technical terms you've heard and puzzled over at tastings are clearly explained, making this the perfect reference for newcomers to the world of oenology.
Essential Winetasting: The Complete Practical Winetasting Course
From the back of the book:
A detailed wine tasting course that is clear enough for beginners yet comprehensive enough for more experienced tasters - by one of the world's finest wine tutors. Nine practical tastings cover all the major wine styles, every major grape variety is explored, and detailed maps show the key wine-producing countries and regions.
307. Become a Cheese Connoisseur
Books Bucket List
Books to Read Before You Die
Book Bucket List
308. Make a list of 100 books you want to read.
309. Read the complete works of Shakespeare.
310. Read every novel that has won a Pulitzer Prize in the Fiction Category.
311. Read all of the Russian classics.
312. Read every book your favorite author has written.
313. Read all of Agatha Christie's mystery novels.
314. Read all of the Harry Potter books.
315. Read all of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries.
316. Create a small library filled with high quality books.
(Books Read In 2009)
After her 60th birthday, Jane Fonda concluded the following:
"I thought to myself, well if that's the case and if what I'm scared of isn't death, but getting to the end with regrets, then I've got to figure out what would be the things that I would regret when I got to the last act if I hadn't done them or achieved them by then. And they were: having an intimate relationship and having made a difference."
Personal Development Bucket List
Personal Development Bucket List
318. Release negative emotions and limiting beliefs.
319. Release any feelings of inadequacy.
320. Allow yourself to make mistakes.
321. Discover your life's purpose.
322. Learn not to take what others do or say personally.
323. Figure out your priorities.
324. Learn to act within your sphere of influence and stop worrying about things which are not within your control.
325. Become an early riser.
326. Kick negative habits (smoking, overeating, watching too much television, and so on.)
327. Attend one of Anthony Robbins' weekend events.
328. Go to one of Steve Pavlina's Weekend Workshops in Las Vegas.
329. Become a better public speaker by joining Toastmasters.
330. Learn to say "no" without feeling guilty.
331. Learn time management.
332. Maintain a positive attitude.
333. Learn how to take criticism.
334. Learn how to take compliments.
335. Learn to establish rapport with others.
336. Acquire persuasion skills.
(Unstoppable is courtesy of Melody Campbell.)
337. Overcome the Habit of Procrastinating
Become a Better Listener
Learn to put yourself in the other's shoes.
Learn active listening.
Learn to ask for clarification when you're not sure if you understood what the other is trying to say.
Learn to summarize and repeat what you think you heard to make sure that you understood what the other is trying to say.
338. Get a complete makeover.
339. Take make-up lessons with a make-up specialist.
340. Revamp your wardrobe.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela”
Education Bucket List
Do you have any educational aspirations you can include in your bucket list?
342. Get a Masters
343. Get a PhD
344. Get into Med School
345. Pass the New York Bar
346. Get Certified as a Public Accountant
347. Get an MBA
348. Get Certified as a Financial Planner
349. Get into Harvard
350. Finish first in your class
351. Get into Juilliard
351. Get an Honorary Degree from Yale
352. Give the Commencement Speech at a major university
353. Get a doctorate in Metaphysics from the American Institute of Holistic Theology.
(Harvard Yard is courtesy of j.gresham)
354. Develop General Knowledge on Important Topics
Get a bird's eye view of important topics such as history, economics, and geography.
People You Would Like to Meet Bucket List
People You'd Like to Meet Before You Die
356. Meet Muhammad Ali.
357. Meet your favorite Hollywood star.
358. Meet the President of the United States.
359. Meet Richard Branson.
360. Meet Prince William (and/or Prince Harry).
361. Meet Bill Gates.
362. Meet your favorite baseball player.
363. Meet Donald Trump.
364. Meet your favorite author.
365. Meet Warren Buffet.
366. Meet your childhood hero.
(Photo taken from here)
Financial Bucket List
Financial Bucket List
368. Become financially literate.
369. Be able to read and understand corporate balance sheets, income statements, and other financial documents.
370. Create a financial strategy.
371. Have a positive net worth.
372. Invest in the stock market.
373. Invest in real estate.
374. Purchase bonds.
375. Invest in commodities, such as gold and silver.
376. Own gold bullions
377. Create enough passive income so that you don't have to work another day in your life.
378. Become a millionaire.
379. Create a trust fund for your child.
(The Money photo is courtesy of AMagill.)
The High Life Bucket List
The High Life
381. Go on a shopping spree.
382. Charter a yacht.
383. Own a beach house.
384. Own a private jet.
385. Become a member of an exclusive club
386. Spend a week at a 5-star spa
387. Shop in Rodeo Drive
388. Go to an auction at Christie's or Sotheby's
389. Have "High Tea" at the Plaza Hotel in New York, or perhaps at Fortnum & Mason in London
390. Own a Rolls Royce, an Aston Martin, or a Bentley
(Bentley Brooklands photo courtesy of Ed Callow)
Family Bucket List
Family Life Bucket List
392. Get married.
393. Go on that honeymoon that keeps getting postponed.
394. Have a child.
395. Raise a happy and healthy child.
396. Witness and be present at significant moments of my child's life.
397. Have a large family.
398. Adopt a child.
399. Be a foster parent.
400. Create a home with an inviting, joyous, comfortable, loving atmosphere.
401. Have a pet
402. Pass on a family heirloom to your child.
403. Create a coat of arms for your family.
404. Have family rituals and traditions to celebrate holidays and important life events.
405. Create your Family Tree.
"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Dwelling Bucket List
“A home can be a sanctuary, a place of healing and regeneration.”
Design Your Perfect Dwelling: Where would you like to live?
407. A ranch
408. A farmhouse
409. A penthouse on 5th Ave., New York
410. A house by the lake
411. A beach house
412. A house inspired by Japanese arquitecture
413. A Tuscan house
414. A Colonial House
415. A house with an inner courtyard
416. A house in the country
417. A Bamboo House
418. A villa.
Create Your Ideal Home Environment
What features does your ideal home have?
420. A fireplace.
421. A meditation room
422. A large kitchen with wooden floors
423. A breakfast nook
424. A herb garden
425. A sauna
426. A home office
427. A canopy bed
428. A terrace
429. A pool
430. A well-stocked pantry.
(Pool at the Tinhorn Creek Guest House
431. Build a Pond in Your Backyard
Books to Help Bring Your Home into Harmony
"I am convinced that a calm, quiet and harmonious interior can be as beneficial to health as a sensible diet and regular exercise."
"101 Things to Do Before You Die" on YouTube
Idea Book - 10,000 Ideas For Your Bucket List
Want even more ideas for your bucket list?
Spirituality Bucket List
Your Spirituality Bucket List
433. Visit Tibet
434. Spend a week at a Silent Retreat
435. Experience bliss
436. Find inner peace
437. Learn to forgive
438. Do all the lessons in "A Course in Miracles"
439. Attend a Native American Sweat Lodge Ceremony
440. Become a Reiki Master
441. Heal your past
442. Learn to live in the now
443. Drink or bathe in Lourdes water, This is water which flows from a spring in the Grotto of Massabielle in the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes, France.
444. Get an Akashic Record Reading.
445. Read the Bible, the Koran, or some other religious text in full.
446. Learn to Meditate
Contributions Bucket List
What Contributions Would You Like to Make?
449. Build a Habitat for Humanity Home.
450. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
451. Join the Peace Corps.
452. Donate a million dollars to a charity of your choice (anonymously or not).
453. Establish a foundation to give music scholarships to poor children.
454. Make loans to entrepreneurs in developing countries through www.kiva.com.
455. Join a Big Brother, Big Sister Program.
456. Volunteer at a Homeless Shelter.
457. Donate blood.
458. Donate clothes you no longer use to a battered women's shelter.
459. Donate children's books to a hospital near your home.
460. Mentor someone at work.
461. Plant a community garden.
462. Volunteer time at an animal shelter.
463. Join a disaster relief effort.
464. Start a charity.
465. Be passionate about a cause.
466. Start a scholarship fund for your alma mater.
(Peace baby! is courtesy of )
You Can Make A Difference in Just One Day
Vocation/Career Bucket List
468. Be recognized as an authority in your field.
469. Be a world-renowned expert in your field.
470. Be the best in the world in your field.
471. Leave a valuable contribution in your area of expertise.
472. Regularly experience the state of "flow" during the work day.
Choose Your Dream Career
474. Own an upscale spa.
475. Invent a board game.
476. Make a documentary film.
477. Have your paintings exhibited in a gallery.
478. Become a wild life photographer.
479. Sell your original artwork.
480. Become an interior designer.
481. Become an architect.
482. Design furniture.
483. Be a clothes designer.
484. Become a famous chef and open your own restaurant.
485. Buy an old house in the country and turn into a restaurant.
486. Become a life coach.
487. Become mayor of your city.
(Whimsical Spring Cupcakes photo is courtesy of clevercupcakes).
“I find out what the world needs. Then I go ahead and try to invent it." Thomas Edison”
Writer's Bucket List
496. Get an article published in The New Yorker.
497. Get an article published in The Huffington Post.
498. Write and publish a book.
499. Write a book and sell it on Amazon.
500. For the uber ambitious: write a book that makes it to #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers List.
The Marshall Plan for Writing a Novel
There's also an accompanying workbook--"The Marshall Plan Workbook: Writing Your Novel from Start to Finish"--if you want the process broken down for you even further. It contains more than 100 pages of fill-in sheets that become a veritable blueprint for your novel. By following this program, even the most inexperienced writer can achieve the dream of completing a novel that is ready to submit to agents and editors.
Marshall even has a third book for getting your novel published!
501. Register for NaNoWriMo and Write a Novel in One Month
Every November is National Novel Writing Month
502. Write a Children's Book
Robyn Opie, author of more than 80 published children's books, shares insider information on how to write for children and get published. Take a look at her eBook by clicking here.
503. Write about food: a cookbook or restaurant reviews.
504. Write a play.
505. Write a travel book.
506. Write a textbook.
507. Publish a book of poetry.
508. Write and draw a comic book.
509. Write your memoir.
510. Write a biography.
One Week - Ben Was Told He Had About Two Years Left to Live
"I need to have an adventure".
Ben Tyler (Joshua Jackson) is an elementary school English teacher living in Toronto, Ontario. Ben is told that he has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer and that he has a ten percent chance of survival and likely two years to live. His doctor advises him to go into treatment immediately to give himself the best odds of survival.
Soon after leaving his doctor's office, Ben encounters an elderly man selling his motorcycle from out of his garage and he decides to buy it and take a bike trip to Toronto. During his trip he realizes that he's not truly in love with his fiancé, and he thinks of his life-long wish to write a novel.
Hit the Big Time Bucket List
“Consciously seek out experiences that expand your sense of who you are and what you are capable of.”
Hit the Big Time!
512. Be listed as one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People"
513. Be on the cover of "Rolling Stone" Magazine
514. Have a street named after you.
515. Be one of CNN's Heroes (CNN's global search for everyday people changing the world).
516. Win a Nobel Prize
517. Receive a knighthood (or a damehood) from the Queen of England
518. Be elected to political office
519. Be inducted into a Hall of Fame
520. Be awarded a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame
521. Cut the ribbon at a major opening.
522. Win an Emmy.
523. Make the front page of the newspaper.
(Barack Obama, Time Cover)
1000 Ultimate Experiences
A Lonely Planet Guide
1000 Ultimate Experiences brings together 1000 ideas, places and activities you can consider adding to your life list. Get inspired and start ticking off those boxes of places you've always wanted to see and things you've always wanted to do.
Here are some of the ideas you'll find inside:
* Sleep under the stars in a Bedouin tent in Jordan
* Find out the best beaches to swing a hammock
* Jump on board the Ghan for a trip through Australia's remote Red Centre
* Spot Banksy's art in Bristol
* Come on, get happy in Bhutan
Spectator Bucket List
Be a spectator at . . .
525. An Armani fashion show
526. A concert by your favorite entertainer
527. Carnegie Hall
528. A Broadway Play
529. A session of the US Supreme Court
530. The TED Talks
531. The Sundance Film Festival.
532. The Cannes Film Festival.
533. A Cirque du Soleil show.
534. See Walking With Dinosaurs, The Arena Spectacular
(The "La Scala" photograph is courtesy of JP..).
“Life is too short to let it pass you by. We only have one shot at this and then it's gone.”
Georgia Byrd (Queen Latifah) works in retail. One day she's told by her doctor that she has three weeks to live. Upset and distraught, she goes home to look through her "Book of Possibilities" (a book with all the goals she wants to achieve). Thinking it's all over, she gathers her money, quits her job, and flies to a swank European resort she's always dreamed of visiting and has the time of her life.
Luckily, she discovers that she's not really about to die, and goes on to marry the man of her dreams and fulfill her life's ambition of being a chef at her own restaurant.
Sport Events to Attend Bucket List
537. Go to the Kentucky Derby
It takes place on the first Saturday in May, capping the two-week-long Kentucky Derby Festival. This event draws an average of 150,000 visitors each year, including celebrities, presidents, and even members of royalty.
539. Go To All Four Major Golf Tournaments
Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA Championship
540. See Your Favorite Sports Event, Live!
The 100 Sporting Events You Must See Live: An Insider’s Guide to Creating the Sports Experience of a Lifetime
Featuring entries on everything from the World Series to the Tour de France and the Westminster Dog Show, Tuchman has written a detailed travel guide for every kind of sporting event.
Each entry includes a thorough description of the event with the where and when, as well as the history and significance, the names of key athletes, how to get there, how to get tickets, where to stay, where to eat, and, most importantly, where the best seats are.
Photo of the Stanley Cup taken from here.
542. Throw Out the First Pitch at a Major League Baseball Game
More Sports Events to Attend
543. Watch a basketball game at Madison Square Garden, NY
544. Watch a baseball game at Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL
545. Go to the Daytona 500
546. Watch a Notre Dame Football game
547. The Super Bowl
548. The Winter Olympics
549. The Summer Olympics
550. The World Cup
551. Indianapolis 500
552. The Major League Baseball All-Star Game
553. The Baseball World Series
554. Attend a Harlem Globetrotters Game.
555. Spend a big fight weekend in Vegas.
Shirley Valentine is a bored middle aged housewife living in Liverpool, England. She often wonders how she turned from the fun, rebellious girl she was in her youth to someone leading such a small, monotonous life. Then she has a chance to go to Greece with her best friend and she feels like life is giving her a second chance.
Guidebook of Dreams
1000 Triggers to Uncover Your Heart's Desire
Food and Drink Bucket List
Foods to Try Before You Die - Food Bucket List
Things to Eat Before You Die
557. Eggs Benedict
558. Baba Ghanoush
562. Chicken Tikka Masala.
563. Balsamic vinegar
564. Cheese Fondue
566. Black Truffle
569. Fried Green Tomatoes
571. Hangi (traditional New Zealand method of cooking food using heated rocks buried in a pit oven).
572. Ethiopian Cuisine
573. Turtle Soup
574. Stuffed Grape Leaves
575. Peking Duck
(Escargots is courtesy of flavouz)
(Cheese Fondue is courtesy of nickgraywfu.)
Books on Foods to Try Before You Die
This book includes the best of the best from all over the globe: Tokyo's freshest sushi; the spiciest Creole favorites in New Orleans; the finest vintages of the great French wineries; the juiciest cuts of beef in Argentina; and much, much more.
Food journalists Jane and Michael Stern have create a guide to America's best off-the-beaten-path eateries. They've also identified the best of everything crave-worthy: from regional specialties like cheese steaks in Philly, to national rankings for classics like ribs, burgers and French fries.
576. Eat at the Undersea Restaurant Ithaa
(Image from here.)
I'm curious . . .
Take This Poll
How much would you be willing to pay for an ebook containing 10,000 bucket list ideas?
What features would you like to see in an ebook containing bucket list ideas?
Holiday Bucket List
Your Holiday Bucket List
578. Be invited to the Playboy Mansion's annual Halloween Party.
579. Participate in New York's Village Halloween Parade.
580. Go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
581. Shoot your own Thanksgiving turkey.
582. Cook an entire Thanksgiving meal, from scratch.
583. See "The Radio City Christmas Spectacular" starring The Rockettes.
584. Go to the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center in late November.
585. Ice skate at the Rockefeller Center during Christmas time.
586. See the Boston Commons lit up during the holidays.
586. Go to Times Square on New Year's Eve and count down as the ball drops.
588. Watch the fireworks over Sydney Harbor (Australia) on New Year's Eve.
589. Go to the Tournament of Roses Parade (the Rose Parade) on New Year's Day.
Supernatural Bucket List
Your Supernatural Bucket List
590. Get your palms read.
591. See a psychic.
592. Get a tarot card reading.
593. Learn to read tarot cards.
594. Get your astrological chart made.
595. Sleep in a haunted house.
596. Have a séance
597. Get hypnotized.
598. Go to Roswell, New Mexico and look for UFO's.
599. Go in search of the Lochness monster.
600. Interview someone who claims to have been abducted by aliens.
601. Bend a spoon with your mind.
602. Have a specialist read your aura.
603. Develop your intuition.
(The Crystal Ball is courtesy of Gael Lin).
"Just Because" Bucket List
Just Because Bucket List
605. Quit a job you hate.
606. Take acting classes.
607. Act in a play.
608. Hand out $100 bills to total strangers.
609. Jump into a pool fully clothed.
610. Go to a Greek wedding.
611. Go mud wrestling.
612. Have your portrait painted.
613. Be a member in the audience of a TV show.
614. Sit on a jury.
615. Ask for a raise.
616. Learn to do a back flip.
617. Ride a segway.
(Polka-dotted pedicure is courtesy of terwilliger911)
Idea Book - 10,000 Ideas For Your Bucket List
"Live as well as you dare."
-- Sydney Smith
Create a clear time line for the completion of each item on your bucket list.
In the movie "the Bucket List", the two main characters were each told that they had one year left to live.
Don't wait for such a radical deadline: set your own.