Mafia Wars Strategy: Be An Untouchable!
General Mafia Wars Strategy
Your run-of-the-mill advice to developing your character and personality in Mafia Wars!
- Here's the best piece of advice you may have already heard: get 500 mafia members AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE! I can't stress how vital this is to your survival. It's possible to do this in just one week. Yes, it's tedious and annoying, but the game will be entirely imbalanced against your favor until you get this done!
You probably have tons of Facebook friends who have either loaded up Mafia Wars and never played it, or have no interest in the game. Convince them to open up their Mafia Wars account and set you in one of their "Top Mafia" spots. By doing so, it's no skin off their back - they never play the game, so their account will sit stagnant (that is, unless a year goes by and they never check back on it). Regardless, you'll enjoy the benefits of being a Top Mobster, with random abilities popping up as you play! It's hard enough for anyone to justify putting you on their Top list as it is. By the way, this is what you get for being in the Top Mafia:
* Mastermind: gains a small chance of 50% more experience when performing jobs.
* Wheelman: gains a small chance to perform jobs for no energy.
* Button Man: gains a small chance to always win fights they initiate.
* Bodyguard: gains a small chance to always win fights when they are attacked.
* Safecracker: gains a small chance to gain double the money when fighting or robbing.
* Bagman: gains a small chance to gain double the money when performing jobs.
- When you have many Mafia Wars friends, you level up VERY quickly. That's because you earn experience points every time they fight someone, and you "assist" (in other words, you're earning while you sleep, and you don't even have to do anything). You'll probably come across people who keep adding mafia members way past #500. The more you add, the more you earn! This also goes for receiving daily gifts and energy packs.
- Be prepared: at level 450, enemy mafias of *all* levels are open to attacking you. This means that your fight list will contain mafias from your level to infinity, and you will appear on their list, too.
- Start a "gifting chain"- Find at least a dozen friends who will give you daily giveaway gifts each day, and do the same for them. You'll be able to accumulate a lot of boosts this way.
- Speaking of gifts, isn't it annoying how you can't click a link and send gifts at will? Well, use this link for one set of giveaways or this link for another set of giveawaysto send an item gift any time you want!
Being an Effective Attacker in Mafia Wars
You're only as good as your equipment...be prepared to fight. After awhile, a 501 mafia isn't good enough unless you're wielding nothing but loot drop items! Here are the ones to go for:
Here's a list of all Cuban loot with the highest number of attack points, and the jobs that drops them at random:
- Gaff Hook (from "Pillage A Shipyard")
- TNT (from "Raid The Arms Depot")
- Guerilla Squad (from "Supply The FRG With Some Extra Muscle")
- Armored State Car (from "Storm The Presidential Palace")
- Canonazo (from "Loot The National Museum")
- Track Loader (from "Take Over The Havana Reconstruction")
- As you gain higher levels, attack people with very small mafias. They are probably not very serious gamers, and are easy prey and will help crank up your "fights won" count. Beware of players who are playing on 2nd accounts, though.
- Complete all three levels of "Street Thug" to get the Pistol Bayonet, which gives a permanent +4% damage bonus in battle. Then, complete all three levels of "Hitman" as soon as you can to get the Chainsaw Bayonet, giving you a permanent 30 second reduction to your stamina meter and allowing you to attack more frequently.
Defense: Fending Off Attackers & Robbers
Protect yourself from attacks by all means: here are some ways to do it!
- Be a "hospital hider": It's considered lame, but sometimes it might be necessary if you're getting bullied and attacked dozens of times per day by the same person. When your health is under 20, nobody can touch you. So, bank all of your money and log off - you'll be completely invisible from the game until you log on to Mafia Wars again. Do this for several days, and see if the bully has forgotten about you.
- Eventually, you'll have to replace your inventory with something more powerful, which can only be found as random mission drops. Here's a list of the highest defense items you'll need to stockpile: ASC, Gaff Hooks, Guerrilla squads, Falsified Documents, & State Cars
- Obviously, defense points matter a LOT when it comes to fighting. The best fighters and defenders in the game have an advantage, because they most likely have purchased skill points - you might want to consider this, too. Think of it this way: you'd probably pay $10 a month for other things, like video game rentals or movie rentals. Why not throw Zynga some cash for points here and there? It is a free game they're providing to you, after all.
- Defend your property by purchasing protection for them immediately. Don't even think of buying anything above the "Valu-Mart", as everything from the "Marina Tourist Shops" and above will put you at extreme risk of getting robbed. Why? Visit the "Rob" menu to find out: everyone who is currently rob-able has a list of icons representing the properties they own. Robbers will simply target people who have the higher up properties, because they supply better loot when robbed! You can easily get by to well over level 100 buying nothing but Valu-Marts. Don't forget: Mafia Mike buildings cannot be robbed - max these out as soon as you can!
Getting Energy Faster
You don't necessarily have to be a Maniac to get energy points faster. Follow these tips!
- ...Nobody sending you energy? Did you know you can send energy to yourself (once a day)? Make sure you're logged into Facebook before clicking that link.
- Manage your energy like a pro! Don't use an energy pack unless you've used up ALL of your energy - otherwise, you'll waste whatever you currently have (since energy packs bring you up to an exact amount). Unfortunately, you can also lose a lot of energy if your meter is full and you only have a handful of experience points until the next level up. So, hold on to your energy pack until you've leveled up, and THEN, have used all of that existing energy, as well.
- First and foremost, a very large mafia is key. Your chances of someone sending you one energy pack per day will be higher, and you'll be able to squeeze in several jobs in one day at the upper levels.
- Do all three levels of the job tracks "Consigliere" and "Boss" as soon as you possibly can. Completing Consigliere will give you a Helicopter (permanent 30 second reduction to your energy timer), and Boss gives you the Golden Throne (permanent 2x energy regeneration speed). Once you have these, drilling through all three tiers of the other levels will move much more quickly.
- Ask your friends to only send you the "Insider Tip" daily giveaway - it gives a big reduction to your energy timer, but is a one-use item.