Check Out This Easy Pikelet Recipe And Make Your Own Delicious Pikelets
Don't Forget To Put On Your Apron Before You Go Make These Delicious Pikelets!
Delicious Pikelet Recipe
- 3 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Butter (for pan cooking)
1. First whisk the eggs in a separate bowl (you can do it by hand or with a mashine)
If you whisk the eggs at least 5 minutes, your pikelets will be more fluffy.
2. In a bowl sift the flour and sugar together. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and stir in the milk. Mix it.
3. After that add the eggs and mix again.
4. In the end add the vanilla essence and you're ready to cook.
5. In a pan melt a tablespoon of butter and then pour your mixture in it - You can do that with a spoon. Form pikelets at your desired size.
6. When bubbles appear on the surface it's time to flip the pikelets and cook the other side.
7. Cook until golden brown and voila. Your pikelets are ready!
Pikelets are more buttery, smaller and thicker than normal pancakes
Will You Try This Pikelet Recipe?
This Pikelets Recipe Is Easy
Will You Try It?
What Else Do You Need For This Pikelet Recipe
How To Serve Pikelets?
You can serve your pikelets with jam, sirup, cream, ice cream, Nutella, or anything else you desire.
It's also good to serve them with blue berries. I haven't tried that yet, but I will as soon as we have them in the garden.
Here you can see how I decorated my pikelets. The only thing is that they aren't very thick like on other photos.
For my decoration I added:
- a tablespoon of rasberry jam between two pikelets
- fresh rasberries on top as a face
- cream as ears
I must say they were yummy.