What are people saying about copyright infringement, spam and Pinterest?
Note: I'm not a lawyer and you should not rely on any assertions I make as legal advice. I'm just an ordinary artist and writer who is trying to make sense of the current furore over Pinterest and the infringement of copyright of various individuals including artists and photographers. What I'm doing is collecting and organising links to various relevant websites which seem to have some relevance to the issues which are being debated on the Internet.
You can find out about...
...just click a link and go straight to that topic
- PINTEREST - THE COMPANY
- What Pinterest has to say
- "You can't build a business on stolen content"
- PINTEREST - NEW TERMS OF SERVICE
- COPYRIGHT AND FAIR USE - THE LAW
- Copyright and Design Rights - The Basics
- Copyright for Artists
- Fair Use
- The Public Domain
- Derivative works
- Contributory Infringement
- The Digital Millenium Copyright Act
- Copyright Offices
- COMMENTARY ON PINTEREST AND COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- The Issue of the Images
- The Issue about Printing the Images
- Copyright protected images on Pinterest
- What the Professional Bodies have to say
- What the Artists Bill of Rights people have to say
- What the Copyright/Plagiarism people have to say
- What Making A Mark has to say
- What the Lawyers have to say
- What Flickr has to say
- What the Tech Geeks have to say
- What the social media marketers have to say
- What the Librarians have to say
- What the Newspapers are saying
- What the Business Magazines are saying
- What Art Business People have to say
- What Art Bloggers have to say
- What the Photographers have to say
- What the Textile and Fibre Artists have to say
- What the Craft Artists are saying
- What the Design Bloggers are saying
- What Female Homemaker Bloggers are saying
- WHAT PINTEREST NEEDS TO DO
- What Pinterest Needs To Do
- Want a "Not Interested in Pinterest" Badge?
- WHAT PINTEREST HAS DONE
- Changes introduced by Pinterest
- PRACTICAL TIPS
- How to block Pinterest from pinning images from Blogs
- Tips and Tutorials on Watermarking Images
- Ways to find your images on Pinterest or online
- SPAM ON PINTEREST
- Pinterest on the Spam Problem
- Commentary on the Pinterest Spam Problem
- Comments and Feedback
Bookmark This Site
New links are being added to this site on a regular basis.
Woe to you! You thieves and imitators of other people's labour and talents.
Beware of laying your audacious hand on this artwork.
Albrecht Dürer 1511
PINTEREST - THE COMPANY
"You can't build a business on stolen content"
COPYRIGHT AND FAIR USE - THE LAW
BOOK: THE Copyright Handbook
Stephen Fishman J.D. (Author)
This must have handbook for writers and artists provides every necessary form to protect written expression under U.S. and international copyright law. With stepbystep instructions, it illustrates how to:
* register a written work with the copyright office,
* determine what works can be protected,
* transfer copyright ownership,
* define and avoid infringement,
* maintain electronic publishing rights.
Paperback: 440 pages
Publisher: Nolo; Eleventh Edition edition (September 7, 2011)
Copyright for Artists
Plus tips for those looking for copyright-free artwork
Books about Fair Use
within the context of the creative world
Amazon reviews: 5.0 out of 5 stars (1 customer review) | Like (8)
Reclaiming Fair Use begins by surveying the landscape of contemporary copyright law-and the dampening effect it can have on creativity-before laying out how the fair-use principle can be employed to avoid copyright violation. The authors develop best practice documents for fair use and discuss fair use in an international context.
Appendices address common myths about fair use and provide a template for creating the reader's own best practices.
Amazon reviews: 4.9 out of 5 stars (7 customer reviews) | Like (5)
Mazzone shows how growing abuse of intellectual property law has been abetted by confusion, unclear legal standards, outmoded law and economic bullying--and he illustrates the pervasive cost of these abuses. Finally, he introduces specific measures by which we can cure these problems. Erudite, surprising and accessible, Copyfraud and Other Abuses of Intellectual Property Law is a breakthrough title that will change forever how we look at creativity, law and commerce.
BOOKS: About The Public Domain
how to make sure you use the public domain without infringing copyright
With The Public Domain, you'll get specific information about finding copyright-free writings, music, art, photography, software, maps, databases, videos, and more with this easy-to-read guide. Find out about:
how to find public domain materials
how to determine whether materials are valuable
how to handle challenges to public domain claims
public domain "gray areas"
copyright protections and expirations
use of public domain art or film for advertising or other commercial purposes
web content in the public domain
how to research copyright office records
how to get permission to use work not in the public domain
Amazon reviews 4.1 out of 5 stars (8 customer reviews) | Like (1)
Why do we have copyrights? What's "fair use"? Bound by Law? reaches beyond documentary film to provide a commentary on the most pressing issues facing law, art, property, and an increasingly digital world of remixed culture.
BOOK: DMCA HANDBOOK for ISPs, Websites, Content Creators, & Copyright Owners
Author: Connie Mableson
COMMENTARY ON PINTEREST AND COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
WHAT PINTEREST NEEDS TO DO
What Pinterest Needs To Do
Revise its terms of service and guidance to and prompts for members
Want a "Not Interested in Pinterest" Badge?
WHAT PINTEREST HAS DONE
SPAM ON PINTEREST
Why you should be very concerned if you have a Pinterest Account.
* Popular sites attract spam - and popular sites without good systems will soon be overrun by spam - as Pinterest is
* Fake accounts abound - and links to images are being changed to send people to the site of the spammer's choice
BOOK: Pinterest For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
To be published May 2012
The Art Business
Resources for Artists
Making A Mark
Artist and author Katherine Tyrrell draws and writes about art for artists and art lovers.
Making A Mark Reviews......
a consumer's guide to quality and value in art books, art supplies and services to artists
If you like this resource please give a thumbs up
and/or share with your friends
This module only appears with actual data when viewed on a live lens. The favorite and lensroll options will appear on a live lens if the viewer is a member of Squidoo and logged in.